In 2022, the global online gambling market reached USD$79.8 billion, with industry experts projecting it to reach USD$133.9 billion by 2028. And if the first month of Q2 2023 experienced by Stake is any indication, those figures could become conservative estimates.
Stake.com is one of the world’s best online casino and sports betting platforms, with thousands of users playing popular casino games and betting on the biggest sporting events every day. Powered by big-named celebrities across different niches, Stake has enjoyed tremendous success in its relatively short time in the online gambling scene.
And April 2023 was no exception, with casino players and keen sports bettors gaining huge wins throughout the month! Keep reading to discover the casino statistics and sports betting trends for April 2023.
April 2023’s big winners
Several Stake.com patrons enjoyed massive wins in April 2023. Some of the most amazing payouts include the following:
- A Stake Sportsbook bettor bagged a jaw-dropping USD$3,400,000 after putting money on Atalanta to beat AS Roma in their Serie A match. The brazen bettor backed Atalanta in a 1×2 bet, with odds of 2.45. Despite allowing AS Roma to dominate possession, Atalanta made the most of their opportunities to win 3-1.
- At Stake Casino, a player staked a mind-boggling USD$643,798.95 on one blackjack hand and won with a multiplier of 2.03x. This bet was the biggest placed on Stake.com in April 2023.
- In online slots, a lucky player won a stunning USD$3,956,250 while playing Bloodthirst from Hacksaw Gaming. The 5,250x win on the highly volatile slot game is a testament to the tremendous win possibilities for online slot players.
These high-profile wins have been critical to the rapid success Stake.com has enjoyed. In 2022, Drake won USD$38 million in Bitcoin while playing on the leading cryptocurrency gambling platform. But it hasn’t been a one-sided affair. According to the Financial Times, Stake.com generated gross gaming revenues of USD$105 million in 2020. Two years later, that number was at USD$2.6 billion.
April 2023 player statistics and gaming trends
Stake.com’s mix of iGaming, live dealer games, and table games allow bettors to find an activity that suits them the best–all on one platform.
Online slots remain a big hit
In recent years, online slots have become a favorite among casino players. And in April 2023, it continued its reign as the most profitable online casino segment, with 841,207,157 bets placed across the thousands of slot game titles on Stake.com.
The top online casino gaming developers for April 2023 include the following:
- Pragmatic Play
- Hacksaw Gaming
After starting with first-party casino games in 2017, Stake.com’s collection of online casino games has grown to over 3,000 titles from the best iGaming providers in the industry.
Live casino continues to rise
Stake.com is home to some of the best live casino games, providing gamers an interactive, fully immersive experience. In April 2023, Crazy Time attracted 2,500,867 bets, generating USD$56,271,451 in revenue. The spin-the-wheel type game by Evolution Gaming features a human host spinning a giant wheel with 54 different segments. Stake.com live streams all the action from a fantastic studio in Riga.
Meanwhile, live casino table games remained a top draw, attracting the largest market of players. Available table games on Stake.com include the following:
- Several versions of casino poker
You can also find classic card games like Hi-Low, Andar Bahar, and Teen Patti in Stake.com’s extensive list of online casino games.
Most popular casino games in April 2023
Gates of Olympus continued its reign in 2023, holding the top spot for the most-played game at the Stake Casino for the fourth straight month. The Ancient-Greek-themed slot from software provider Pragmatic Play remained on top of the list that included the following:
- Gates of Olympus by Pragmatic Play
- Wanted Dead or a Wild by Hacksaw Gaming
- Sweet Bonanza by Pragmatic Play
- Sugar Rush by Pragmatic Play
- Stormforged by Hacksaw Gaming
Stormforged broke into the Top 5 within its first month of release. Other popular new games on Stake.com include the following titles:
- The Dog House Multihold by Pragmatic Play
- Giga Jar by Push Gaming
- Fear of the Dark by Hacksaw Gaming
- Pirots by ELK Studios
Stake.com regularly adds the latest releases from the leading game studios. If you’re interested in the world of online casino games, you can try the demo modes available for all slot games to get a taste of the action.
Biggest sporting events of April 2023
Sports betting has become one of the best ways to amplify the viewing experience, and April treated sports fans to a slew of primetime matchups and events. These include the following:
- Anthony Joshua vs. Jermaine Franklin: After a couple of tough losses against Oleksandr Usyk, Joshua returned to the win column, beating Franklin via unanimous decision. With most boxing pundits ready to push the British heavyweight to retirement, Joshua proved he has plenty more in the tank.
- The UEFA Champions League: Manchester City booked their trip to the final, gutting out a 1-1 draw against Bayern Munich to win 4-1 on aggregate. City took a comfortable 3-0 lead coming into the match, but Bayern made them earn their Champions League date with Real Madrid. Madrid booked their spot via a two-legged victory over struggling Chelsea.
- Copa Libertadores: South American football fans are in for a treat, with the Copa Libertadores group stage kicking off in April. Group play will continue with match dates on May 23-25, June 6-8, and June 27-29. As the action continues, Flamengo is expected to face a tough challenge from pre-season favorites Palmeiras.
- The Masters: The 87th edition of the Masters at Augusta National saw Jon Rahm become the fourth Spaniard to win the tournament, finishing round with a 12-under. Rahm’s road to his fifth major championship wasn’t without a scare as Phil Mickelson shot an incredible seven-under in the final round to tie Brooks Koepka in second place.
- ATP and WTA: In tennis, Andrey Rublev won his first ATP Tour Masters 1000 title, defeating Holger Rune in the final 5-7, 6-2, 7-5 at the 2023 Monte Carlo Masters. The 19-year-old Rune was the first teenager to reach the tournament’s finals since Spanish legend Rafael Nadal did it in 2006.
- NBA and NFL Playoffs: In North America, basketball and hockey inch toward their season’s crescendo, with the playoffs of the NBA and NFL heating up. The NBA has enjoyed a spectacular first two rounds of the playoffs, with the Los Angeles Lakers and the Miami Heat becoming the first play-in teams since the format was introduced to make the Conference Finals.
The sports world provided betting enthusiasts with plenty of action to wager on. It shows no signs of letting up, as the next couple of months features even higher stakes across different sports.
Upcoming sporting events for May and June 2023
The UFC opened welcomed May’s first weekend with a bantamweight showdown between current champion Aljamain Sterling and former two-division champion Henry Cejudo. Sterling held on to his title, eking out a split decision victory over Cejudo.
Below are sporting events you can look forward to for May and June.
- NBA Playoffs: The NBA Conference Finals continue with the top-seeded Denver Nuggets looking to stop the momentum of the Los Angeles Lakers. The basketball action reaches a fever pitch in June as four teams battle for their spots in the Finals.
- PGA Championship: Justin Thomas looks to defend his crown at the 105th PGA Championship against a field that includes Jon Rahm, Max Homa, and Tony Finau. Rahm is favored to repeat at +700, followed by Scottie Scheffler at +750.
- French Open: Rafael Nadal looks to defend his title at Roland Garros despite battling through the hip injury he suffered at the Australian Open in January. In the women’s side, World No. 1 Iga Swiatek eyes back-to-back French Open titles, coming in as the favorite in this year’s tournament.
- UEFA Champions League Final: In football, the best clubs face off for one of the most prestigious titles in the sport on June 10. As of this writing, Inter Milan holds a 2-0 lead on aggregate against Italian rivals AC Milan. It’s tighter on the other side, with Man City and Real Madrid tied at 1-1.
For spectators and bettors alike, May and June hold plenty of sporting events to enjoy while offering plenty of opportunities to get in on the action.
Tips for winning big at Stake.com’s online casino
Unpredictability and volatility are massive elements that make playing in online casinos so engaging. But while different games require varying strategies, below are a few tips for making smart bets (and not relying on gambling myths).
- Look at RTP: The return to player (RTP) percentage pertains to how much money a game is expected to pay out per 100 bets. For example, if an online slot has a 96.75% RTP, USD$97.65 out of every USD$100 wagered goes back to the players (statistically). If you’re a beginner, practicing with high RTP games is an excellent way to increase your odds of winning.
- Factor in volatility: Games with high volatility pay out larger amounts less frequently. Conversely, low-volatility games statistically produce more frequent, albeit lower, payouts. When choosing an online casino game, consider its volatility so you understand what you’re getting into.
- Set your limits: Whichever game you play at the Stake.com online casino, setting your betting limit is crucial. It’s wise to only play with money you can afford to lose. Once you reach your limit, get out so you can live to fight another day.
The great thing about Stake.com is that it offers in-game bonuses and promotions regularly. These bonuses could come as free spins, multipliers, re-spins, and cash prizes. Apart from these in-game bonuses, keep an eye on your account dashboard, as this is where you’ll find the special promotions from Stake.com.
Sports betting tips
While there are thousands of online casino games, sports betting fans are even more spoiled for choice. There’s always a game on the schedule, with hundreds of betting lines you can wager on, allowing you to win big while enhancing your sports viewing experience.
Below are some tips for getting the most out of Stake’s sportsbook.
- Perform due diligence: Always research the markets you’re betting on, as this will allow you to see factors that could swing results. For example, you might learn that a team’s starting player was injured in training. You can also see trends like Anthony Davis not playing on back-to-backs.
- Don’t bet as a fan: While few things can match the thrill and agony of sports fandom, wagering with your heart isn’t the best idea for sports betting. It would be wise to avoid your favorite team on your betting slip, as this can skew your analysis of the odds and markets.
- Don’t focus on major events: While putting money on the Super Bowl or the UFC Fight Week main event is always enticing, don’t overlook smaller betting markets. For example, you can fill up your betting slip with seemingly innocuous regular-season NBA games and smaller tennis tournaments, along with your wager on the next Israel Adesanya fight.
- Combine pre-match and live betting: Complement your betting slip with live bets whenever you can. For example, when a favored team falls behind at halftime, the odds can swing so wildly that it makes more sense to place a wager that contradicts (or complements) your pre-match bet.
Stake.com has changed the game by making crypto betting so much easier. The platform supports multiple currencies, such as Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Dogecoin (Doge), and Litecoin (LTC), among others. In addition, if you want to deposit fiat currency, you can do so via Moonpay.
Casino and sports betting will continue to be embedded in society’s fabric as laws and regulations increasingly become more favorable to the industry. Meanwhile, the sports world continues strengthening its relationship with betting platforms, with partnerships between athletes, franchises, and leagues increasing yearly. And with platforms like Stake.com making it more convenient for enthusiasts to place their bets, sports betting appears here to stay.
The post Casino & Sports Betting Statistics & Trends April 2023 appeared first on iGaming.org.