Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Gambling, & Poker News
Gambling, & Poker News
Bally’s Corp shares fell 26% on Monday after a new SEC filing raised doubts over liquidity and debt covenant compliance during the next 12 months. The warning lands as Bally’s funds major casino projects in New York and Chicago while weighing financing and asset options.
Good to Know
Bally’s told investors that current forecasts do not show the company meeting liquidity maintenance and consolidated net leverage requirements under its revolving credit facility during the coming year.
The filing added:
“As described below, while the Company is actively engaged in discussions on several financing alternatives, the conditions and events raise substantial doubt about the Company’s ability to continue as a going concern.”
Management said its current financing plans do not remove that doubt. Bally’s is discussing asset sales, equity funding and debt financing, while a July term sheet for a Bally’s Bronx loan remains nonbinding.
Investors reacted quickly. Bally’s shares closed Monday at $10.31, down 26%, taking the 2026 decline to 38%.
The balance sheet concern came despite a better operating quarter. Revenue reached $792.2 million, up from $657.5 million a year earlier. Casino and resort revenue rose to $401 million, while segment EBITDAR increased to $109.6 million. North America Interactive revenue reached $66.1 million.
Bally’s Intralot B2C generated $243.5 million. Bally’s Intralot also agreed in June to acquire evoke, owner of William Hill and 888, for about $326 million.
The biggest near term funding requirement sits in New York. Bally’s received one of three downstate casino licences in December 2025 and paid the required $500 million fee during Q1. The Bronx development also carries additional community and infrastructure commitments.
CEO Robeson Reeves said:
“We are actively raising additional capital for the further development and construction of the project and have substantial interest from potential partners for both project debt and equity financings.”
He added that Bally’s signed a nonbinding preconstruction loan term sheet in July and entered an August letter of intent with a potential equity investor.
Chicago presents a different funding issue. Gaming and Leisure Properties has committed up to $940 million toward construction costs, while Bally’s must spend at least $1.34 billion under its host agreement with Chicago.
However, Bally’s recently paused some non gaming construction after objecting to wider video gaming terminal availability in the city. The company argues that broader VGT use could hurt casino economics.
Las Vegas could offer more flexibility. Development around the former Tropicana site has progressed slowly, and outside questions about financing have grown while the Athletics prepare their neighboring ballpark. Reports indicate that the baseball team could spend up to $100 million on infrastructure that Bally’s had previously expected to provide.
Citizens analyst Jordan Bender said Bally’s may need either asset sales or development partners to complete every planned project at current debt levels, with Las Vegas the clearest candidate for such an arrangement.
Reeves also avoided committing to a casino resort in Las Vegas during the Q2 update, saying Bally’s remains in “advanced negotiations with potential partners for exciting retail and entertainment offerings”.
The post Bally’s Stock Drops 26 Percent as Liquidity Risks Grow appeared first on iGaming.org.