Gamstop Witnesses Significant 12% Surge in Self-Exclusion Registrations in 2023

Self-exclusion plan During the first half of 2023, Gamstop recorded a notable 12% year-on-year rise in new sign-ups. To protect themselves from potential danger, consumers are increasingly deciding to exclude themselves from all permitted gaming websites, according to the statistics.

More than 48,000 consumers registered with Gamstop during the six-month period ending June 30, indicating a significant increase in individuals proactively taking efforts to control their gambling habits. These individuals voluntarily barred themselves from partaking in any gambling activities on regulated websites by signing up.

5BTC or 111% + 111 Free Spins!

New players only. Exclusive 111% Welcome Bonus + 111 Free Spins in Aztec Magic Deluxe


The data revealed an encouraging trend: 50% of new registrants chose the longest self-exclusion period offered through Gamstop—five years. This choice demonstrates a strong commitment to stopping the gambling cycle and implementing a responsible gaming approach.

The statistics also revealed information about the gender breakdown of new sign-ups. Approximately 71% of those who registered were male, with the remaining 29% being female, indicating that men were the majority of those seeking self-exclusion aid.

Surprisingly, the research demonstrated a positive shift in young participation. 21% of new sign-ups were between the ages of 16 and 24, indicating that younger people are becoming more aware of the necessity of responsible gambling habits. Furthermore, new registrations in this age range increased by 30% over the previous year.

350% or 5BTC + 150 Spins!

New players only. Exclusive Welcome Bonus – 350% bonus on your first deposit up to 5BTC


Notably, the month of May had an unprecedented amount of activity, making it the most busy month in Gamstop’s history for new sign-ups. This result, which surpassed the previous record of 8,504 new registrations reported in March 2023, demonstrated the expanding influence of the self-exclusion policy.

Gamstop has had 390,000 registrations in the five years since its debut. The site drew 84,000 new sign-ups in 2022 alone, demonstrating the growing importance of self-exclusion as a measure for responsible gambling.

Fiona Palmer, CEO of Gamstop, stressed the importance of the new data, highlighting the scheme’s ongoing role in empowering consumers to protect themselves from potential gambling-related harm. Palmer relayed emotional stories from Gamstop recipients at a parliamentary reception in June honoring the scheme’s fifth anniversary, emphasising how self-exclusion can be a valuable tool for individuals looking to take a break from gambling and recover control over their gaming habits.

The post Gamstop Witnesses Significant 12% Surge in Self-Exclusion Registrations in 2023 appeared first on

Physical Address

304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124