Hey there, poker sharks! So, you’ve decided to take a shot at the big leagues and compete in the World Series of Poker (WSOP) from May 30-July 18 at the Horseshoe Las Vegas and Paris Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nevada. Congrats, champ! But before you start stacking those chips and bluffing your way to victory, you need a place to crash during the event. Finding the perfect spot in Vegas during the WSOP can be quite a challenge, but don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll guide you through the “hottest” places to stay, what to expect while house hunting as a poker pro. Let’s dive in!
Your Accommodation Options during the WSOP
1. Casinos and Hotels
If you’re looking for convenience, there’s no better option than staying at one of the many casino-hotels on the Strip. You’ll be right in the heart of the action and just a few steps away from the poker tables. Some popular choices among poker pros include the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino (the home of the WSOP), the Bellagio, Aria, and the Venetian. These spots offer luxurious rooms, top-notch amenities, and plenty of opportunities to mingle with fellow poker enthusiasts.
2. Airbnb and Vacation Rentals
For those who prefer a home-away-from-home experience, consider booking an Airbnb or vacation rental. This option provides more privacy, a kitchen to cook your meals, and potentially lower costs than staying at a casino-hotel. Just make sure to book early, as the best spots tend to get snatched up quickly during the WSOP.
3. Extended Stay Apartments
If you’re planning to grind it out for the entire WSOP schedule or even stay longer in Sin City, you might want to consider an extended stay apartment. These accommodations offer furnished apartments with flexible lease terms, making them perfect for poker pros looking to settle in for a longer stint in Vegas.
The “Hottest” Places to Stay in Vegas during the WSOP
1. The Strip
There’s no denying that the Strip is the epicenter of all things WSOP. If you want to be right in the thick of the action and within walking distance of the major casinos, this is the place to be. Just be prepared for higher prices and a never-ending party atmosphere.
2. Downtown Las Vegas
For a more laid-back vibe and some old-school charm, consider staying in Downtown Las Vegas. You’ll still have access to poker action at casinos like the Golden Nugget, and you’ll be close to the famous Fremont Street Experience. Plus, you’ll likely find more affordable accommodation options in this area.
3. Off-Strip Locations
Looking to escape the hustle and bustle while still being close to the poker action? Consider staying at an off-Strip location like Summerlin, Henderson, or North Las Vegas. You’ll enjoy more peace and quiet while still being just a short drive away from the WSOP events.
House Hunting Tips for Poker Pros
- Book Early – The early bird catches the worm, and this saying definitely applies to finding a place in Vegas during the WSOP. As soon as you know your travel dates, start hunting for accommodation to secure the best deals and locations.
- Prioritize Amenities – As a poker pro, you’ll want to ensure your Vegas pad has all the essentials to keep you comfortable and focused. Look for accommodations with reliable Wi-Fi, a quiet space to study and review hands, and access to healthy meal options.
- Network with Fellow Poker Pros – Tap into your poker network and connect with fellow players who have attended the WSOP in the past. They can provide insider tips on the best places to stay, hidden gems, and any potential pitfalls to avoid. You might even find a roommate or two to share the costs and make your Vegas adventure more affordable and enjoyable.
- Consider Transportation – If you’re staying off the Strip or away from the Rio, you’ll need to consider transportation to and from the WSOP events. When choosing a place to stay, check for proximity to public transportation or factor in the cost of renting a car or using rideshare services.
Now that you’ve got the lowdown on finding a place in Vegas during the WSOP, it’s time to pack your bags, book your accommodation, and get ready to crush the competition. Keep these tips in mind as you embark on your Vegas adventure, and remember – what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Good luck, poker pro!
The post A Poker Player’s Guide to Finding a Pad in Vegas during the WSOP appeared first on iGaming.org.