Entain plc (LSE: ENT), the global sports-betting and gaming group, has released its 2021-22 ESG report, setting out the Group’s approach to, and performance on, sustainability and ESG related issues.
The report reveals the significant progress the Group has made in implementing the objectives of its Sustainability Charter which is built around four core principles: an exclusive focus on regulated markets; continuing to take the lead on responsible betting and gaming; best in class corporate governance; and investing in our people and local communities.
The Report also provides a further update from that provided at Entain:Sustain, in November 2021, the industry first sustainability and ESG focused event.
Highlights of the report include:
An exclusive focus on regulated markets
- Over 99% of Group revenues coming from domestically regulated and regulating markets in 2021
- Increased the number of domestically regulated jurisdictions 31.
- Exited ten markets where we did not see a pathway to sustainable regulation through to Q1 2022
Continuing to take the lead on safer betting and gaming
- Award of the Advanced Safer Gambling Standard by GamCare, the leading UK safer betting and gaming charity
- Successful roll-out of our pioneering ARC™ player protection programme across all UK online products
- Trials being rolled our to international markets in 2022
- Increased UK contributions of RET to 0.5% of GGY
Pursuing the highest standards of corporate governance
- Implementation safer betting and gaming metric into the 2022 Group Bonus scheme, with customer satisfaction metric added for 2022 scheme
- 40% Board is female
- Comprehensive independent third-party review governance policies and procedures completed review
Investing in people and our communities
- Launch of EnTrain, a multi-million pound diversity and inclusion project with the aim of reaching 1 million people by 2030
- Delivery of Pitching In, grassroots sports investment fund
- #1 position in the All-in Diversity Index, the industry’s DE&I measure
- 7% reduction in absolute GHG emissions from 2020, with 100% renewable energy in the UK and ROI retail estates
- Developed near-term science-based greenhouse gas reduction target, for verification by the Science-Based Targets initiative
- Commitment to net-zero target carbon emissions target by 2035, which will be verified by the SBTi
- Delivery of wellbeing programmes to support colleagues, particularly those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic
Entain has continued to receive widespread recognition for these efforts, having achieved AA status with leading ESG ratings agency MSCI, and through its continued membership of both FTSE4Good and the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. Entain was also runner-up in Management Today’s ‘Britain’s Most Admired Company’ list.
Jette Nygaard-Andersen, Entain’s CEO, commented:
“Over the past we have continued to make great progress on all areas of ESG, which is fully-embedded throughout all of our operations. We are committed to providing the safest possible betting and gaming platform, taking a leading role in supporting the communities in which we operate, reducing or environmental impact and in doing so, making Entain the best place to work for all of our people. By delivering on this ambition, we will create long-term, sustainable growth for all of our stakeholders.”
The post Entain Publishes Sustainability and ESG Report appeared first on iGaming.org.